Water is vital for the well-being and health of our body
Among the different types of mineral water, glacier water is considered one of the best because it is extremely pure and uncontaminated and thus has positive effects on the human health and well-being.
In Canada, in British Columbia, Ice Age Glacial Water Company bottles the water coming from glacier sources; a 100 % natural water, which, thanks to the use of modern bottling technologies reaches the tables of millions of consumers in North America maintaining its purity and freshness.
In order to meet increasing market demands, the company installed a new complete line provided by SMI for bottling and packaging Ice Age and Vortex water in 0.5 L and 1.5 L bottles in PET with a production capacity of up to 12,000 bottles/hour.
The solution installed consists of an integrated system of the ECOBLOC® ERGONseries for stretch-blow moulding, filling and capping PET bottles together with machines for the secondary packaging of theLSK ERGONandLWP ERGON series and anAPS ERGONpalletizer. The whole plant is equipped with an automation and control system of the latest generation incorporating the best technologies for the management of the “smart factory”.
The advantages of SMI solution
• compact solution: the integrated ECOBLOC® ERGON system combines the operations of stretch-blow moulding, filling and capping in a single block and doesn't need conveyors between the machines;
• reduced energy consumption: the stretch-blow moulding module is equipped with high energy efficiency IR lamps and a double stage air recovering system Air Master;
• easy and quick changeover: the secondary packaging, carried out by the LSK and LWP automatic machines allows to pack varied containers in several collations and ensures the quick changeover in order to satisfy the current and future company demands;
•compact and ergonomic structure: SMI packers can be installed even in narrow spaces and are easily accessible making the cleaning and maintenance operations easier;
• flexible palletizing and lower maintenance costs: the APS ERGON palletizer is a single-column system with two Cartesian axes with SCARA technology, extremely flexible and easily suited to the logistic conditions of the end-of-line; the mechanical simplicity of the machine and the use of robotic components ensure precise operations and low energy consumptions;
• fluidity, speed and reliability: the conveyor belts allow the fluid and continuous handling of loose and packed containers; the reduced changeover times ensure the fast change from a production to another, while the structure and the components in stainless steel AISI 304 are synonymous with a reliable and long-lasting plant.
If you want to have further information about Ice Age Glacial Company and the advantages offered by the complete lines provided by SMI, we invite you to read the last issue of our SMI NOW magazine or to contact our Sales Department.
Marketing Department SMI S.p.A. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
SMI S.p.A. Sede administrativa: Via Carlo Ceresa, 10 - 24015 San Giovanni Bianco (BG) - ITÁLIA Sede oficial: Via Monte Grappa, 7 - 24121 Bergamo (BG) - ITÁLIA C.F. e P. IVA IT03942700166 - R.E.A. 421708 Capital Social - Euro 5.000.000 i.v.